Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

“Song of the WaterLily” from "Monet's Collection"


“Song of the WaterLily” is a fun bracelet celebrating Monet’s inspiration, his vision of the water lily pond and his Japanese bridge and surrounding landscape that he was devoted to. His pleasure was designing and developing his spectacular garden and the joy in painting them. His quote, “I would like to paint as a bird sings,” truly demonstrates that, and to represent that I added a pretty little bird charm.


The center piece is whimsical chartreuse color with silver foil inside a glass grommet bead, with three crystals inlays. There are Swarovski crystal elements and an assortment of crystal and rondelles. There are two double sterling caps, sterling silver daisy spacers, delicate pewter caps. There are an assortment of metal beads with two charms, a little bird and a fleur-de-lis. Each of my bracelets has a magnet clasp, and in this bracelet it’s a lovely rose. This bracelet is 8 inches in length.

"The Water Lily Pond, Harmony in Green" painted 1899

Claude Monet: “I would like to paint as a bird sings.”
Monet’s Japanese Bridge and water Lily Pond is one of Monet’s most recognizable works, and you can see many different depictions of them. Monet said, “It took me time to understand my water lilies. I had planted them for the pleasure of it; I grew them without ever thinking of painting them. He also said, “They are beyond the strength of an old man like me, and yet I still want to succeed in rendering what I experience. I hope that something will come of all my efforts.” Indeed it did!


Here we are. My dear friend and I enjoying the view on another pretty bridge in the Paris area. It’s not Monet’s Japanese Bridge, but next time I would like to enjoy the view from Monet’s bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment