Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

“Wild Poppies” from "Monet's Garden"


"Wild Poppies" Growing up in California I loved the wild Poppies found everywhere. The bright orange colored Poppies are full of life and energy for me, beautiful. 


The center piece is referred to as an opal fire color Swarovski bicone crystal bead, and this color is brilliant. Also included are Swarovski pearls. There are beautiful sterling silver caps, and sterling silver heart bead and spacer beads, along with an assortment of metal beads, rondelles, with fleur-de-lis charm with a fleurs magnet clasp. This bracelet is 8 inches in length.

Inspired by “The Poppy Field at Argenteuil,” Painted 1873.

Claude Monet: “Color is my day long obsession, joy and torment” 

Camille Monet, Claude Monet's
First wife. Painted 1875.


The painting "The Poppy Field at Argenteuil" is located at the Musee d’Orsay. I love the Victorian ladies and children, he so loved to paint his family and friends. Another joy I find in his work.

Monet believed he was obsessive about his painting, but I believe he was more passionate. That he had intense emotion about his work, well, perhaps his work did completely occupy his mind. It’s easy to see that he loved his family and his garden, as he often painted them. I have a feeling he would rather not like us to try and figure him out, only enjoy if not love his work. I can’t help it; he was such a fascinating man in his time, in any time.

When I was sixteen I went on a foreign study tour of several countries with only a layover in Paris. I promised I would return for a longer stay next time, and in the summer of 1980 I went to the University of Cannes, located in Cannes, France. I had studied several years of French in High School and College. Following my dream has brought me lifelong friendships, and the joy of learning about cultures, history and a passion for the arts.

Here is my profile picture full framed, 
taken in 1987 at a friend’s home 
in Paris France.

Taking a walk down a Paris street, and 
stopping for a patisserie (pastry) of 
course. That’s me in the door way.

No comments:

Post a Comment